The latest treatments for conventional rheumatic and musculoskeletal disorders (listed below).
- Difficult diagnosis: Do you have an unknown diagnosis, strange symptoms or condition that has not responded to conventional therapy? Through the use of comprehensive testing and detailed clinical skills our team may help you arrive at the correct answers and possible solutions.
- Dietary counseling: Sometimes medicine is not enough. Our team can provide you with information on supplements and natural foods that may be conducive to your healing and optimal health.
- On-site infusion center: RA, SLE Lupus, Osteoporosis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, Vasculitis (Wegener’s: Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis) and Asthma.
- Osteoporosis Center: Approximately 30% of postmenopausal women have osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a painless condition that makes the bones brittle and therefore, increases risk for fracture. A slight fall or even bending over can cause a fracture in some women with significant osteoporosis. At IRIM, we offer all FDA-approved treatments for osteoporosis and provide detailed guidelines as to what supportive measures (diet & exercise) you can take to make your bones stronger. Treatments offered: Prolia, Tymlos, Forteo, Reclast (Zolendronic Acid), Risodrenate, Alendronate, etc.
- Musculoskeletal UltrasonSonography diagnostics and treatment: Ultrasound imaging is a safe and noninvasive medical test that helps diagnose and correctly treat medical conditions. There is no radiation used in ultrasound imaging. With use of ultrasound imaging, the physician is able to see pictures of tendons, muscles, joints and ligaments in the body and therefore can administer injections with great precision.
- Therapeutic injections: Injections for painful conditions such as OA of knees, shoulders, rotator cuff syndrome, bursitis, and tendinitis are available. These include state-of-the-art viscosupplementation for the knees (Hyalgan, Orthovisc, Synvisc, Euflexxa) as well as homeopathic medications and PRP (platelet-rich plasma). These injections may provide significant improvement in pain and function with less possible risks and complications.
- Easy access to diagnostic testing: MRI’s, CT scans, DXA Bone density tests, X-rays
- Research: At IRIM, we are passionate about discovering new technologies and contributing to the advancement of medical treatments. We have ongoing studies for the diagnosis and treatment of RA, Psoriatic Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Osteoporosis, Vasculitis, and Osteoarthritis. Please feel free to ask our staff about how you may participate in one of our studies in order to potentially improve your condition and contribute to the development of new therapies.
Rheumatology disorders & other conditions we treat:
For the most detailed explanation of what these diseases involve, please click the link corresponding to the American College of Rheumatology website.
- Difficult / unknown diagnosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Pseudogout (CPPD)
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Tendinitis (Bursitis)
- Pain (Back Pain, Neck Pain, Generalized)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Fibromyalgia / Generalized Pain Syndrome
- Hypermobility Syndrome
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE Lupus)
- Sjogren’s Syndrome
- Inflammatory Myopathies (Polymyositis, Dermatomyositis)
- Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome
- Raynaud’s Phenomenon
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Granulomatosis with Polyangitis (Formerly known as Wegener’s Granulomatosis
- Takayasu’s Arteritis
- The ANA (Anti-nuclear Antibody) Test
- Behcet’s Syndrome
- Paget’s Disease
- Osteoarthritis / Artrosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis / Artritis-Reumatoide
- Gout / Gota
- Psoriatic Arthritis / La artritis psoriásica
- Spondyloarthritis / Espondilo artritis
- Polimialgia Reumática
- Arteritis de células gigantes
- Granulomatosis Con Poliangitis (Wegeners)
- Arteritis de Takayasu
- Anticuerpos Antinucleares (ANA)